The commercial real estate sales sector can be very rewarding for brokers and agents. That said, it takes concentration and constant effort to reap real rewards and become a leading agent.
Many sellers are joining the industry with the hope that things start to happen ". as part of the work for an agency or broker; unfortunately, these sellers do not last very long at all. After about 6 months, the reality of the market is beginning to appear and with little or no future commissions.
It takes about 3 months of real effort to change the conditions of your personal market and your income. This is not a process of shutting down and starting. Things should come to a plan and it will be a plan that you implement every day.
The agency or brokerage you work for has little to do with the registrations and clients you create or serve. When you start working in the industry, start working hard on your commitment to personal success and progress. You will need a business plan or something similar to keep you on task.
So what do you need for the industry to work for you? Try them to start:
- A good database that you keep up to date in all respects
- A list of prospects and customers in your database with which you can talk continuously
- Market knowledge and skills related to your type of specialized property
- Strong and established negotiating skills for listing, inspections, marketing and negotiation
- Excellent documentation skills regarding your property type, contracts, leases and other additional documentation
- Personal drive and passion for prospecting and selling
- Excellent marketing skills in direct and indirect marketing
- Communication skills that are advanced for the complexity of selling, leasing, negotiating and closing property.
- Good time management and documentation processes allow you to start the day earlier with dynamism and results.
- Targets and objectives that you can follow.
- Exclusive ads that you control for your customers.
- Reference opportunities with established and potential clients.
- Customers who trust you and your skills to help resolve property issues.
To give impetus to these things, it takes a deliberate effort. Each agent or broker has many opportunities to climb the ranks of the market. The key to getting there is "personal activity and planning".
One must never forget that the industry and the commercial real estate market are changing. As brokers and agents, we must adapt to market conditions and not wait for the market to come to us.